We did it!
Thanks to watershed supporters like you, we reached our 2019 fundraising goal. Your investment in the Upper Saranac Foundation will prepare us for 2020 in the best way possible. The funding we generated will be critical to running our day-to-day operations.
The Upper Saranac Foundation looks forward to the coming year — here are just a few of the projects that will be accomplished through your support:
- Continued reduction of aquatic invasive species (AIS) through harvesting of Upper Saranac Lake, Fish Creek Ponds, and, new for 2020, Follensby Clear Pond
- AIS prevention through seven days per week Watershed Stewardship coverage at Back Bay and Fish Creek Campground
- Lake management planning to identify issues affecting the water quality, ecology, and social factors of the watershed, and to outline specific recommendations to protect the lake against current and future threats
- AIS surveys to identify new introductions, assuring the best opportunity for eradication
- Water quality monitoring and analysis of seven tributaries and two basins
- Maintaining the Environmental Monitoring Platform, providing real time meteorological and valuable physical, chemical, and biological characteristics of the lake
- Expanding our pollinator projects at the Back Bay Boat Launch
- Continuation of general maintenance, inspections, data collecting, monitoring, state compliance, and working with our engineer to plan for the future of the Bartlett Carry Dam
- Watershed shoreline development, stormwater runoff, and waste-water monitoring
- Identify, apply for, and administer grants
- Interface with local government, state agencies, and other NGO’s in a collaborative effort to protect the Parks resources
We have a lot of work to do in 2020 and look forward to the opportunity to collaborate with our partners to secure the water quality of our watershed. The Upper Saranac Foundation is incredibly grateful for your support.